Serve with rice and green peas
This can be cooked on the stove top or in a slow cooker.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 pound veal stew meat cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 can tomato paste (3 oz) more will make it more tomatoey
- 6 to 8 oz of water
- 1/4 cup Red Wine (optional)
- 1/2 onion diced
- Italian seasoning to taste (1 teaspoon)
- or add the seasons one at a time to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 120mins
1- Cut meat in 1/2 inch cubes.
2- Heat olive oil in pot and brown meat over medium heat which will release the liquids in the meat.
3- Mean while dice 1/2 onion.
4- When meat is brown, add onion, tomato paste, wine, water and seasoning to the pot.
5- Cook on medium to low heat with partial cover pot for 2 hours until meat is tender.
6- Test with a folk. Add more water if sauce gets to thick.
Perform steps 1 through 4 above. Mix well and pour into a slow cooker.
Cook according to slow cooker direction (usually low) 3-4 hours or until tender.
7- When tender - it's ready