African Chickpea and Spinach Soup
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 tsp.)
- 1/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 oz. spinach, chopped (about 2 cups)
1. Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes, or until soft and golden. Add garlic, and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, or until garlic is lightly browned.
2. Blend peanut butter and 1/2 cup broth in food processor to make smooth paste. Blend remaining broth into mixture.
3. Add paprika, coriander and cayenne to onion mixture, and sauté 1 minute, or until fragrant. Stir in peanut butter mixture, chickpeas and tomatoes. Simmer 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and stir in spinach just before serving.
You'll also love
- Glazed Salmon 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sweet and Sour Cucumber Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- German Potato Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cottage Cheese Spinach Chicken 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Spinach and Mushroom Medley 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken, Mango, & Sugar Snap Pea... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Summer Squash & White Bean Sauté 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Arugula, Roasted... 4/5 (1 Votes)