Sesame Noodles with Chicken
Sweet peanut sauce adds a unique Asian flavor to chicken and noodles. The sauce is super easy to make in a blender, making meal preparation quick.
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound spaghetti or Chinese egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 (1-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 Kirby cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 6 scallions (white and green parts), sliced
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Game Plan: Make the sauce while the noodles cook.
Bring a large pot of cold water to a boil over high heat. When the pasta water boils, salt it generously, add the spaghetti or noodles, and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Put the spaghetti in a large bowl and toss with the sesame oil. Set aside.
Make the Peanut Sauce: In a blender drop in the garlic and ginger while the motor is running. When the chopping is complete, stop the machine and add the peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and red pepper. Process until smooth, then, with the blender running, slowly pour in the water.
To serve, toss the spaghetti with the peanut sauce, then top with the cucumber, chicken, scallions, and peanuts.
You'll also love
- Greek Yogurt and Corn Flakes Tart 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Waffles 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Nutella Raviolis 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- CREAMY GARLIC PASTA 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Cold Peanut Noodles With Chicken 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Homemade Chicken and Noodle Soup 4.7/5 (17 Votes)
- Paleo Cranberry Apple Pear Crisp 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup 4.8/5 (6 Votes)