Cream Cheese Baked Spaghetti
Spaghetti is baked with a cream cheese sauce and topped with a beefy tomato sauce, all in one casserole. Perfect recipe to make ahead and pop in the oven when you get home from work.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 350ºF and bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
Cook pasta according to packaging directions, or until al dente, then drain and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and sauté onion until softened and translucent. 6-8 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper, then add minced garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
Add ground beef and cook, breaking up into small pieces, until browned on all sides.
Pour in crushed tomatoes and tomato paste, then add basil, oregano and red pepper flakes.
Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes, or until somewhat thickened.
Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream together until combined.
Place drained pasta in a large baking dish and spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the pasta.
Top with beef and tomato sauce, then sprinkle cheeses evenly over the top.
Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
Remove from oven and serve hot.
You'll also love
- Rainbow Fruit Kabobs 4.3/5 (37 Votes)
- Hawaiian Macaroni Salad 3.8/5 (172 Votes)
- Chicken Piccata (CPK Copy Cat) 3.9/5 (192 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup 4/5 (52 Votes)
- Bacon and Rice Cabbage Rolls 3.8/5 (69 Votes)
- One-Pot French Onion Pasta 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Grilled Seafood Pasta Fra Diavolo 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Grammie’s Noodle Soup 4.5/5 (12 Votes)