Loaded Breakfast Quesadillas
Breakfast quesadillas are loaded with eggs, bacon, onions, chives, cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese then topped with sour cream and hot sauce if desired. Now that's the way to start a great day!
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sour cream plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 4 medium flour tortillas
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Hot sauce, for serving
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from delish.com
Cook bacon in a medium nonstick pan over medium heat until crispy. Drain bacon on a paper towel-lined plate, reserving about 2 tablespoons of bacon fat in the pan.
Add onion to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Whisk together eggs and sour cream in a medium bowl. Pour egg mixture into the pan. Let set slightly then reduce heat to low. Drag the eggs with a spatula or wooden spoon to create curds. When the eggs are almost cooked to your liking, season with salt and pepper. Fold in chives and remove from heat.
Assemble quesadillas. Divide scrambled eggs between two tortillas. Top each with cheese and avocado slides. Place remaining tortillas on top.
One at a time, cook quesadillas in a clean nonstick skillet over medium heat until the bottom tortillas is golden, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until golden. Repeat with other quesadillas. Serve warm with more sour cream and hot sauce, if desired.
You'll also love
- 4 Ingredient Chicken Bake 3.9/5 (19 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Thighs with Rhubarb... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Ricotta Mini Waffles 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- German Pancakes 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Broccoli Cheese Soup 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Loaded Baked Potato... 4.2/5 (33 Votes)
- Open-Face Vietnamese Chicken... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
Review this recipe