Cracked Pepper Shrimp Alfredo
Quick and easy skillet meal that is great for weeknights as well as special occasions. So creamy and delicious, you'll love it!
- 6 - 8 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 (12-16 ounce) bag frozen cooked medium shrimp, thawed and tails removed
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon butter (I used salted)
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 4 ounces (Half of 8 oz pkg) cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used Parmesan-Romano blend)
- 3/4 - 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste
- Pinch of Tony Chachere's Origianl creole seasoning, optional
Get everything together and prepped before starting to cook as it goes together quickly once started.
Cook spaghetti in unsalted boiling water until tender.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat; add bell pepper and saute just until crisp tender, stirring constantly. Remove from skillet to a bowl and set aside.
Reheat the skillet; add shrimp and saute just until pink, stirring constantly, adding a dab more butter if needed. Remove to the bowl with the bell pepper. Set aside.
In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, bring the milk just to a simmer, stirring constantly. Add the cubed cream cheese, Parmesan, cracked pepper, garlic salt, and creole seasoning, if using; cook and whisk for 3-4 minutes or until cream cheese is melted and sauce is well blended. Add the shrimp and bell pepper; cook and stir for another 1-2 minutes or just until mixture is hot.
Drain spaghetti well in a colander then add it to the shrimp and sauce, tossing to combine.
Garnish with extra Parmesan, if desired, and serve immediately.
Cover and refrigerate leftovers. To re-heat, stir in a little milk or cream to loosen the sauce then cover and microwave.