Halibut with Lemons & Leeks
Halibut with Lemons and Leeks is a healthy and flavorful main course that pairs perfectly with a bottle of your favorite crisp white wine, fluffy white rice pilaf, and steamed or roasted vegetables. This recipe makes a yummy meal any night of the week because it comes together in under 30 minutes and will feed you and your bae 2 hefty servings.
- 2 (8-ounce) pieces of halibut
- 1 leek
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup white wine
- salt and black pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
First, dry your halibut off with a paper towel. Then salt and pepper your halibut.
Next, clean the leek by cutting it in half-length wise and then rinse out the leaves, while still keeping it intact.
Cut the leek into thin slices, they should look like half circles. Set those aside.
Next, slice the onions into thin strips.
Next, use a cheese grater or a zester to take the yellow part of the lemon off and save it for cooking.
In a sauté heat a little olive oil until it is very fluid and add the onions, leeks, and lemon zest. Cook everything on medium low until the onions become caramelized and then turn the flame off and add the white wine and halibut.
Put the whole pan in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Serve once cooked thoroughly and to your liking.
You'll also love
- Gluten Free Oatmeal Cherry Cookies 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Broccoli Velvetta Cheese Casserole 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Green Bean Casserole - Regular,... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Provencal Chicken Mussels Pot 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Pan Sauteed Salmon with Mustard... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Fusilli Carbonara with Frisee and... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Mediterranean Poached Fish 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Grilled Halibut with Smashed... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)