Broccoli Velvetta Cheese Casserole
Received recipe from my sister and this makes a super side dish for any meal.
- 2 boxes of frozen chopped broccoli or 2 large heads of fresh broccoli
- 1 stick butter
- 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers (or any butter cracker) mashed
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 8 oz velvetta cheese
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. If using fresh broccoli, cut off the head of the broccoli and steam them in water till tender. Place in bowl and chop up (Save water)
2. If using frozen broccoli, prepare as directed (Save water)
3. In sauce pan cut up 1 stick of butter and cheese along with 1/2 cup of water from cooking broccoli and over low heat cook till melted.
4. In bowl melt 1/2 stick butter add mashed crackers and blend.
5. Mix cheese with broccoli.
6. In an 8 x 8 pan place broccoli mixture and sprinkle cracker mixture over top.
7. Bake in 350 oven for 20-30 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving