Scallops with Tomato Cream Sauce Over Pasta
- 1 T. butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole tomatoes, finely chopped (reserve 1/2 cup of juice from tomatoes
- 2 T. chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 T. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 T. chopped fresh chives
- 5-6 leaves fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- Angel hair pasta
- 1 lb. scallops (approx. 3 per person)
- Emeril's Essence seasoning
Heat 1 T. EVOO in large skillet, then add shallot, garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for 3-4 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes with juice and raise heat before you add wine. When skillet is very hot, add white wine and reduce by 1/2 - 3-4 minutes. Then add clam juice and do the same. Then add cream and tomato paste. Simmer over low heat until sauce has reduced and thickened, about 5 minutes, then add fresh herbs, reserving some for garnish. Season well with salt & pepper.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water and drain, reserving about 1 cup of pasta water just in case.
Season scallops with Essence and lightly salt. In a small skillet, heat 1 T. butter and 1 T. EVOO, then add scallops when pan is well-heated. Saute, turning once, for approx. 2 minutes per side.
Toss pasta into sauce skillet and allow to cook for 1 minute together, adding pasta water if needed to create creamy sauce. Add Parmesan and stir through.
Mound pasta on plates and top with 3 scallops per person, reserved herbs and more Parmesan. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Twice Baked Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tortellini Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage Salentino Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Onion & Broccoli Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon with Tomato-olive salsa 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Shrimp & Broccoli 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chilled Tarragon Roasted Tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scallops with Capers and Tomatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)