Honey-Lime Oat and black bean salad
- 1 c oat groats (substitues steel-cut oats, wheat berries, whole spelt,
- brown rice, or any whole grain)
- 1 c drained rinsed canned black beans
- 1 c halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- half ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Honey-lime vinaigretts
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp grated lime zest
- 3 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ea salt and pepper
In large saucepan, bring 2 c water to boil, add groats. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally, until tender and no water remains, about 45 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water, drain again.
Honey lime vinaigrette:
Meanwhile, whisk together oil, lime zest, lime juice, honey, chili powder, salt and pepper.
In large bowl, combine groats, beans, tomatoes, pepper and onion. Add vinaigrette and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hr.
To serve, stir in avocado and sprinkle with cilantro.
You'll also love
- Company's Coming Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Parmesan Bacon Ranch Oyster... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic-Lemon Chicken Breasts... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salad: Grilled Peach with Balsamic... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Uncle Bubba's Key Lime Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Michael Symon's White Bean and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Teriyaki Chicken and Black Bean... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- slow cooker cilantro lime chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)