Cream Cheese Lemon Bars
WOW! These Cream Cheese Lemon Bars are absolutely delicious!
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 lemon, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 1/2 fresh squeezed lemon
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
In a mixing bowl, blend dry cake mix, butter, and 1 egg. Press into a 9 x 13 pan, ungreased.
Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually blend in the powdered sugar. Stir in lemon peel and lemon juice until smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup of this mixture and refrigerate it for later use.
Beat the remaining 2 eggs, add the vanilla, and then beat this mixture into the remaining cream cheese mixture until well blended. Spread over the cake mixture.
Bake at 350° until set, approximately 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely.
Spread the reserved cream cheese mixture onto the bars.
Refrigerate until firm; then cut into squares and serve.
You'll also love
- HCG Diet Phase 2/3 Strawberry... 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Skillet Chili Mac with corn and... 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Lemon Bars Perfected 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- GARLIC & LEMON CHICKEN W/GREEN... 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Hunan Chicken Recipe 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Strawberry Moscato Cupcakes 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Guinness Chocolate Cake with... 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Crisp Toffee Chocolate Bars 4.6/5 (22 Votes)