Lemon-Blueberry Cake with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3-1/3 cups cake flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from eatineatout.ca
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Butter and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
Line bottoms with rounds of parchment paper.
Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy.
Gradually add sugar, beating until blended, scraping down sides of bowl. Beat in lemon juice, zest, then 1 egg at a time.
Continue to beat until well blended.
Add dry ingredients in 3 additions alternating with buttermilk.
Fold in berries.
Transfer to pans.
Bake cakes until tester inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
Cool cakes in pans on racks.
Make White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting.
Turn first layer of cake on platter.
Peel off parchment.
Spread with 1 cup frosting.
Place second layer on top.
Frost remainder of sides and top.
Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
WHITE CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
In a small bowl, microwave 6 oz (180 g) chopped white chocolate for 2 -3 minutes on Medium until almost melted.
Stir until smooth.
Cool to room temperature.
Beat 8 oz. (250 g) cream cheese and 1/4 cup softened unsalted butter until blended.
Add melted chocolate.
Gradually add 3 cups confectioner’s (icing) sugar, beating until smooth and creamy.
You'll also love
- Cheddar & Gruyere Scalloped... 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- PARMESAN BAKED POTATOES 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Frozen Strawberry Crunch Cake 4.4/5 (44 Votes)
- Easy Pineapple Cake 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Lemonade Faux-jito Pitcher 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Key Lime Pie Lasagne 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Nova Scotia Blueberry Cream Cake 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette 4.7/5 (15 Votes)