Easy Boston Cream Poke Cake
Boston Cream Poke Cake is sweet and moist. You can top any flavor of icing on top to make it your own. Add a scoop if ice cream to top it off!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- PUDDING FILLING:
- 2 (3.4 ounce) boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 3 1/2 cups half and half
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE TOPPING:
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, whipping
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 135mins
Adapted from jamiecooksitup.net
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
Into your stand mixer or large mixing bowl place 1 yellow cake mix, 1/3 cup flour and 1 box of vanilla pudding. Toss together to combine.
Add 1 1/2 cups water, 4 eggs, 1/3 cup sour cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/3 cup canola oil. Mix for 30 seconds. Scrape the bottom of the bowl and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes, or until the batter is nice and glossy.
Spray a 9x13-inch with cooking spray and pour the batter inside.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Allow the cake to cool completely.
To your stand mixer or large mixing bowl pour 2 boxes of instant vanilla pudding. Add 3 1/2 cups of Half and Half. Foreign readers, Half and Half is a dairy product made of half whole milk and half cream. Whip the pudding mixture on medium high until nice and thick.
Carefully spoon the 3/4 of the pudding mixture into a disposable cake decorating bag with a large piping tip. Stick the tip into the cake and pipe the pudding into it, every 2 inches or so should do. Spread the remaining pudding over the top of the cake.
To make the chocolate ganache:
Place 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips and 3/4 heavy cream into a glass measuring cup.
Heat in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring after each one. The chocolate and cream will combine and become nice and satiny.
Add 1 teaspoon vanilla, stir well and allow it to sit on the counter to cool for about 15 minutes.
Pour the chocolate ganache over the top of the cake and carefully spread it out evenly.
Refrigerate (uncovered) for at least 1 hour, and up to 2 days.
You'll also love
- Traditional American Pie Crust 4.3/5 (42 Votes)
- Chewy Coconut Cookies 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Italian Cream Cake 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Crispy Cheddar Chicken Tenders 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Christmas Poke Cake 4.3/5 (63 Votes)
- Easy Lemon Pound Cake 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Pina Colada Poke Cake 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Chocolate Champagne Truffles 4.2/5 (53 Votes)