This simple recipe takes mashed strawberries and strawberry gelatin to turn basic white cake mix into a sweet, scrumptious, strawberry cake.
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 (3-ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup mashed unsweetened strawberries
- Whipped cream or frosting for your choice
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, gelatin powder, water and oil. Beat on low speed for 1 minute or until moistened; beat on medium for 4 minutes.
In a small bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites and mash strawberries into cake batter.
Pour into three greased and floured 8-inch round baking pans. Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Spread whipped cream or frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. If frosted with whipped cream, store in the refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Orange Creamsickle Cookies 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Frosted Lemon Cookies 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Little Apricot Cakes 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Frozen Raspberry Mousse 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Vanilla Ice Cream with Honey 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Strawberry Christmas Tree Brownie... 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Ina Garten's Birthday Sheetcake 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Strawberry Cream Dessert Squares 4.5/5 (30 Votes)