Chocolate Coconut Thumbprint Cookies
By Nicole S
With flavors of coconut, pecans, and chocolate, these sweet little thumbprint cookies are a wonderful dessert to share with friends and family.
- 1 roll (16.5-ounce) refrigerated sugar cookies
- 4 ounces sweet baking chocolate, melted, cooled 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut pecan ready-to-spread frosting
- 2 ounces sweet baking chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Heat oven to 350°F.
In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Using hands, stir or knead in 4 ounces melted baking chocolate and the flour until well blended. Divide dough in half; cover and refrigerate one half until ready to use.
Shape remaining half into 18 balls. Place coconut in shallow dish; dip half of each ball in coconut to coat. On ungreased large cookie sheet, place balls coconut sides up 1 inch apart. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are set and centers are almost set. Immediately make indentation in center of each cookie with end of wooden spoon. Fill each indentation with 1/2 teaspoon frosting. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool until set, about 30 minutes.
In small microwavable bowl, microwave 2 ounces sweet baking chocolate and the oil uncovered on High about 1 minute 30 seconds or until chocolate can be stirred completely melted; drizzle over cookies.
You'll also love
- Asian Lemon Dipping Sauce 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Ginger Beef and Ramen Noodle Soup 4.2/5 (27 Votes)
- Potato Chip Pie Dough 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Cranberry Cupcakes with Cream... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Peppered Beef Jerky Recipe 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Chocolate Banana Cream Cake 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Praline Ice Cream Cake 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- COCONUT JOYS 4.5/5 (12 Votes)