Creamy Tomatillo-Cilantro Sauce - WW
Serve this fresh, creamy sauce with Mexican favorites like tacos and quesadillas. Don’t be intimidated by the tomatillos – they are a cinch to prep and use.*
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 pound(s) tomatillo, *
- 1/2 cup(s) (chopped) uncooked onion(s)
- 2 Tbsp jalapeño pepper(s), chopped (don’t touch seeds with bare hands)
- 2 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cup(s) cilantro, leaves (about 1 medium bunch)
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced-fat sour cream
Adapted from weightwatchers.com
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatillos, onion and jalapeno; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatillos cook down and onion is tender, about 10 minutes.
Stir in garlic, salt and cumin; cook, stirring a few times, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
Transfer cooled mixture to a blender; add cilantro and blend until smooth. Add sour cream and blend until combined. Pour into a serving bowl and serve or cover and refrigerate up to 4 days (serve at room temperature). Yields about 2 tablespoons per serving.
You'll also love
- Fried Cabbage 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Crusty Peach Cobbler 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Spinach Salad with Ham & Egg 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Tomatillo Beef Tacos 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
Review this recipe