Prime Rib with a Peppercorn & Roasted Garlic Crust
A tender and juicy Prime Rib roast with a peppercorn and roasted garlic crust will please everyone at your table with its fine, beefy flavor. Enjoy!
- 15cloves15 cloves garlic
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4cup1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2cup1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/8cup1/8 cup whole black peppercorns, crushed
- 11 (4- to 4 1/2-pound) boneless prime rib
- Salt, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 165mins
Adapted from qvc.com
Preheat the to 350°F.
Spread garlic cloves out on a small oven-safe pan. Toss with 1 teaspoon oil, cover the pan with foil and bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until the garlic is soft enough to mash with a fork.
To make the garlic & peppercorn crust, mash roasted garlic in a medium-size mixing bowl until there are no large pieces. Add mustard, mayonnaise, bread crumbs, and peppercorns. Mix well and set aside.
In a skillet large enough to fit the roast, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat until the oil begins to ripple.
Season roast with salt then carefully place it into skillet. Sear until all sides are brown, about 5 to 8 minutes per side.
Move meat to a roasting pan and make sure the fatty side is facing up. Let roast cool a bit before evenly pressing the crust all over the top. Roast 90 to 120 minutes, or until desired doneness. (At 125°F, the roast is medium rare. At 130°F, the roast is medium.)
Let the roast rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
You'll also love
- Crispy Baked Parmesan Green Bean... 4.6/5 (67 Votes)
- Broccoli Beef 4.6/5 (67 Votes)
- Sausage Balls 4.6/5 (67 Votes)
- Beef Tips in Mushroom Sauce -... 4.4/5 (75 Votes)
- Grands Corn Dogs 4.4/5 (74 Votes)
- Shrimp & Corn Chowder 4.5/5 (70 Votes)
- Baked Garlic Brown Sugar Chicken 4.5/5 (70 Votes)
- HOLIDAY PRIME RIB 4.5/5 (55 Votes)