Prime Rib with a Peppercorn & Roasted Garlic Crust
A tender and juicy Prime Rib roast with a peppercorn and roasted garlic crust will please everyone at your table with its fine, beefy flavor. Enjoy!
- 15cloves15 cloves garlic
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4cup1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2cup1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/8cup1/8 cup whole black peppercorns, crushed
- 11 (4- to 4 1/2-pound) boneless prime rib
- Salt, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 165mins
Adapted from qvc.com
Preheat the to 350°F.
Spread garlic cloves out on a small oven-safe pan. Toss with 1 teaspoon oil, cover the pan with foil and bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until the garlic is soft enough to mash with a fork.
To make the garlic & peppercorn crust, mash roasted garlic in a medium-size mixing bowl until there are no large pieces. Add mustard, mayonnaise, bread crumbs, and peppercorns. Mix well and set aside.
In a skillet large enough to fit the roast, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat until the oil begins to ripple.
Season roast with salt then carefully place it into skillet. Sear until all sides are brown, about 5 to 8 minutes per side.
Move meat to a roasting pan and make sure the fatty side is facing up. Let roast cool a bit before evenly pressing the crust all over the top. Roast 90 to 120 minutes, or until desired doneness. (At 125°F, the roast is medium rare. At 130°F, the roast is medium.)
Let the roast rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
You'll also love
- Spinach & Gruyere Cheese Quiche... 3.8/5 (155 Votes)
- Bacon & Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese 4.6/5 (66 Votes)
- TURKEY CHORIZO STUFFED CHILI... 4.5/5 (71 Votes)
- Cleo's Pumpkin Dog Biscuits 4.5/5 (70 Votes)
- Easy Taco Casserole 4.3/5 (89 Votes)
- Crawfish Cornbread 4.3/5 (80 Votes)
- Shrimp & Corn Chowder 4.4/5 (71 Votes)
- Who buys frozen garlic bread or... 4.5/5 (67 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken A L’Orange 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Roasted Baby Dutch Yellow Potato... 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- ROASTED RACK OF LAMB 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Shrimp & Sautéed Spinach 4.3/5 (35 Votes)
- Sausage Stuffed French Loaf 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Corn on the Cob with Parmesan... 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Pan-Roasted Fish with... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Forty Clove Garlic Chicken 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Homemade Potato Noodles 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Basic Venison Roast 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Shrimp & Asparagus Stir Fry... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Mustard Herb Roasted Lamb Breast 3.8/5 (24 Votes)
- Cauliflower with brown butter and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Pepper Citrus Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Steak Pizzaola 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken With Fresh Peas and New... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Panko-and-Ginger Crusted Chicken... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Noodles with Cilantro... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- RAPID ROAST 0/5 (0 Votes)