Farfalle with Artichokes and Cannellini Beansv
- 16 ounces farfalle
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 15 ounces artichoke hearts, canned in water
- 15 ounces cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Cook pasta according to package direction. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup cooking water.
Dry sauté pine nuts in nonstick pan over medium-high heat until slightly brown and aromatic. Set aside.
In another pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium heat and cook chopped onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add artichoke hearts and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add cannellini beans and cooked pasta with reserved liquid. Stir in salt, pepper, tomatoes, cheese and pine nuts.
Drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil over pasta and garnish with parsley.