Houston's® Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1 12-ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped canned artichoke hearts (not marinated)
- 1 tablespoon chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmegiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- tortilla chips, on the side
1. Mix together the spinach, chopped artichoke hearts, and onion in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, then cut a small slit in the center of the wrap so that the steam can sneak out. Microwave on high for 4 minutes. Keep spinach covered while you prepare the cream sauce.
2. Combine cream, sour cream, jack cheese, grated Parmegiano Reggiano cheese, and garlic salt in a medium saucepan over medium/low heat. Heat this up slowly for about 10 minutes or until the sauce reaches a simmer and thickens. Just don't let the mixture boil.
3. Add the spinach mixture to the sauce and continue to heat over medium/low. Cook for about 10 more minutes or until mixture reaches a thick dip-like consistency. Pour into a bowl and serve with tortilla chips for dipping (or crackers, bread, whatever you want).
You'll also love
- yang chow slippery shrimp 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Nectarine Lemonade 5/5 (1 Votes)
- O' Charley's Loaded Potato Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Open-Face Spinach-and-Mushroom... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Orzo With Spinach, Shrimp And... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Basque with Olives &... 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Dip Potato Salad 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- The Best Spinach Artichoke Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)