Maple Glazed Brussel Sprouts
In this sprightly recipe, Brussels sprouts are stir-fried with an Asian-inspired maple glaze. Try these with roasted chicken or any roasted meat, or make a vegetarian main dish by stirring in 8 ounces of diced firm tofu, seasoned or plain, into the finished dish.
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, bottoms trimmed, halved
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Several grinds fresh black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, cut into slivers
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Drop Brussels sprouts in the boiling water and cook them 2 minutes. Drain, rinsing with cold water.
Whisk together soy sauce, mustard, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet. Add onion and red bell pepper; sauté 5 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts. Sauté 4 minutes.
Add glaze. Cook until vegetables are coated and glaze thickens, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Deep Dish Strawberry Rhubarb Pie... 4.3/5 (60 Votes)
- Mini Key Lime Cheesecakes 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
- Milo Cake with Buttermilk Icing &... 4.1/5 (84 Votes)
- Three Cheese Campfire Potatoes 4.3/5 (65 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Cornbread Dressing 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Crusty Parmesan Herb Zucchini Bites 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Green Bean Casserole 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts 4.5/5 (41 Votes)