Cherry-Jalapeno Barbeque Sauce Roasted Chicken Thighs
- Cherry-Jalapeno Barbeque Sauce:
- 2 jalapenos seeded and diced fine
- 1 cup cherries, pitted
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/3 cup cherry preserves
- 2 tbs worcestershire
- 1 tbs dark molasses
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Roasted Chicken Thighs:
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
*Cherry-Jalapeno Barbeque Sauce: *
In a large sauce pan sauté jalapenos and cherries in olive oil for about five minutes or until jalapeno begins to soften. Add garlic and cook for a couple of minutes longer until fragrant. Stir in chili powder and onion powder and cook for one minute.
Add the preserves, worcestershire, molasses and liquid smoke and stir to combine.
Lastly, add the chicken stock and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken.
Using a handheld blender (or transfer into a blender or food processor) blend the sauce, being very careful as the sauce is very hot! I like to leave small chunks in the sauce, but you can puree until smooth if desired. If the sauce is too thick add small amount of chicken stock to thin out.
Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed.
*Roasted Chicken Thighs:*
Preheat oven to 450°F.
(If you have a cast iron skillet you can use it for both steps. If you do not, sear the chicken in a skillet and then transfer to a baking dish to continue cooking in the oven.)
Pat chicken dry and season generously with kosher salt and pepper. Heat about a tablespoon of vegetable oil in your cast iron skillet, over medium-high heat. Skin-side down, add the chicken thighs to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes or until the skin is nice and brown. This is an important step to helping create the best flavor in your chicken. Flip chicken over (or transfer to oven-proof baking dish) and add the barbeque sauce, leaving about 1/3 cup aside.
Roast in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve with additional sauce
You'll also love
- Rotisserie Chicken and Bow-tie... 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Chicken-Penne Florentine Bake 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Mary's Chicken Noodle Soup 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Flat Belly- Caribbean Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Baked Honey-Apricot Chicken Tenders 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Braised Chicken Thighs and... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Chocolate Cherry Stack Cake 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Cherry Tomato Caprese Salad 4.5/5 (23 Votes)