Southern Fried Chicken
Finger licking good Southern fried chicken recipe adapted from Paula Deen. Make sure to bring the oil back to 350°F between batches so all the chicken is perfectly fried. Enjoy!
- HOUSE SEASONING:
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup hot sauce, such as Frank's Red Hot or Texas Pete
- Tabasco, to taste
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (2 to 2 1/2 pound) chicken, cut in pieces
- Peanut oil, for frying
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
- Mix all together in an airtight container and will keep for 6 months.
In a medium sized bowl, beat the eggs with the water. Add about 1 cup of Hot sauce till the egg mixture is bright orange. Add some tabasco to taste if you'd like. I did. Mix well.
Season your washed and dried chicken pieces with the House Seasoning. Marinate the pieces of chicken in the egg mixture, covered, in the refrigerator for 6-12 hours.
Combine the flour and pepper. Dip pieces of chicken one at a time into the flour mixture. I found it is better to flour the chicken immediately before being plunged into the oil.
Heat oil to 350°F in a deep pot. Don't fill more than half way.
Fry chicken in oil till brown and crisp. Dark meat takes longer than white meat. Dark pieces should take 13-14 minutes and white meat 8-10 minutes.
Make sure to bring the oil back to 350°F between batches.
Done. This is very good leftover also!
You'll also love
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip... 4.4/5 (146 Votes)
- 3 Envelope Roast 4.6/5 (109 Votes)
- Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Breasts 4.4/5 (104 Votes)
- Salami Mozzarella Calzone 4.5/5 (83 Votes)
- Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls 4.5/5 (87 Votes)
- Chicken & White Bean Chili 4.4/5 (88 Votes)
- Club Cracker Candy 3.8/5 (158 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Parmesan Chicken... 4.4/5 (92 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Cups 4.4/5 (90 Votes)
- Zebra Cakes 4.4/5 (99 Votes)
- Weight Watcher's Southern-Style... 4.2/5 (95 Votes)
- Chicken Fried Steak - Pioneer Woman 4.3/5 (102 Votes)
- Vanilla Bean Scones 4.6/5 (62 Votes)
- Pumpkin, Pecan, Cheesecake Pie 4.3/5 (47 Votes)
- Squash Croquettes 4.1/5 (42 Votes)
- Old Bay Shrimp Cakes 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Emeril's Best Beef Pressure-Cooker... 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Jane Brody Cranberry Apple Crisp 4.3/5 (39 Votes)
- Elephant Ears 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Maple-Miso Dijon Salmon 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Tupperware Bread 3.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Soy Glazed Tuna Steaks with Baby... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Taco Bell Chicken Fajita Seasoning 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Beef or Venison Jerky 4/5 (27 Votes)
- Saskatoon Berry Jam 3.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Walt's Oak Grilled Artichokes 3.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Sautéed Cabbage with Fennel and... 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Mussels Josephine 0/5 (0 Votes)