Red, White, & Blue Strawberry Shortcake
Show your patriotism with this easy, peasy Flag cake!
Vanilla cake is frosted with a whipped pudding mixture and fresh berries. (You could also decorate the top of a no-bake cheesecake pan dessert like this)
- 1 vanilla or butter-recipe yellow cake mix, plus ingredients prepare (I use Betty Crocker's Golden Vanilla)
- 1 small box vanilla or white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries (rinsed and drained on paper towels)
- 2 (1 lb) containers fresh strawberries (cleaned, quartered, drained on paper towels)
Prepare cake batter and bake per package directions for a 13x9 cake. Cool completely on a wire rack.
In a medium bowl, whisk the pudding mix and milk together until smooth and pudding is set. With a spatula, gently fold in the Cool Whip. Refrigerate while cake cools.
When cake is completely cool, spread the pudding mixture evenly over the top. Arrange the blueberries and strawberries in a flag design on top. Keep refrigerated.
You'll also love
- The EASIEST Tomato Soup Recipe... 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Cod in Creamy al Ajillo Sauce 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Corned Beef and Swiss Mini Pot Pies 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Lemon Sugar Cookie 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Apple oatmeal muffins 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Cranberry Pear Crisp 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Wild Maine Blueberry Glaze Pie 4.8/5 (11 Votes)
- HCG Diet Phase 2/3 Strawberry... 4.4/5 (39 Votes)