Cranberry Pear Crisp
Perfect fall recipe combining sweet pears with tart cranberries. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 1 pound cranberries, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 firm pears (such as Bosc), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground allspice
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine the fresh and dried cranberries in a large bowl. Add 1 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons water and the vanilla and toss to coat. Lightly smash with a potato masher or fork to burst some of the cranberries. Add the pears, cinnamon, allspice and 2 tablespoons flour and toss to coat. Transfer to a 3-quart baking dish.
Make the topping: Mix the remaining 1 cup flour, the pecans, oats, the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and the salt in a medium bowl, then stir in the melted butter. Use your fingers to pinch the topping into small clumps and sprinkle it over the fruit.
Bake until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden brown, about 40 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Photograph by Charles Masters
You'll also love
- Crispy Crab cakes with tartar sauce 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Amazing Apple pie 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Apple Pie Lasagna 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Croissants 4/5 (68 Votes)
- HCG Diet Phase 2/3 Strawberry... 4.3/5 (46 Votes)
- Cranberry Tart 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Pear Tarte Tatin with Red-Wine... 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken Skewers with Asian... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)