Cod in Creamy al Ajillo Sauce
- 1 lb cod fillets, seasoned with a sprinkling of salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sherry or white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
Adapted from hispanickitchen.com
You will need to use a saute pan with a lid. On medium-high, heat the olive oil and butter until melted, then add the onions. Cook onions until translucent before adding the garlic, bay leaf and parsley, cook for 2 or 3 more minutes.
Bring the temperature to high and add the sherry, stirring constantly and allowing the alcohol to cook down. Add the fillets, giving them a turn to make sure both sides enjoy the sauciness.
Allow them to cook for about 2 minutes per side (this may vary depending on thickness). Add the cream and swirl the pan around to distribute the cream evenly. Turn off the heat and cover with the lid, allow the steam and heat contained in the pan to continue cooking the fish.
Serve it over white rice or with steamed veggies.
You'll also love
- Corned Beef and Swiss Mini Pot Pies 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Lemon Sugar Cookie 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Crispy Crab cakes with tartar sauce 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Creamy Coconut Shrimp 4.6/5 (32 Votes)
- Bisquick Herbed Fish 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Tilapia with Miso and Scallions 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- 30-Minute Monday- Crunchy Baked Cod 4.5/5 (23 Votes)