Lemon Sugar Cookie
These Lemon Sugar Cookie are super simple and super delicious! When baking, don’t let them brown if you want super soft cookies. If you like a little crunch then wait for the edges to brown slightly. Enjoy!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cups (2-sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 2 large lemons
- 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Granulated sugar for sprinkling
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 27mins
Adapted from cherylstyle.com
First, place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 325˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a small bowl, set aside.
Next, cream the butter and sugar together in a medium sized mixing bowl, until light and fluffy. Add the eggs then beat until completely incorporated. Add vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice, beating until combined.
Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, stirring just until combined.
Scoop out heaping tablespoons of dough and roll into balls, place on a parchment lined baking sheet then sprinkle the tops with sugar. Press down until they are 1/2-inch thick then dust with a bit more sugar if desired.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes until just firm in the center. Don’t let them brown if you want super soft cookies. If you like a little crunch then wait for the edges to brown slightly.
Remove cookies from oven and cool on the pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Apple oatmeal muffins 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- French Onion Soup Grilled Cheese... 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Cranberry Pear Crisp 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Two-Ingredient Lemon Bars 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Greek lemon potatoes 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Shrimp Hushpuppies 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Chocolate-Orange Marble Cake 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies 4.3/5 (55 Votes)