Brazilian Pork Chops
Per serving: 313 cal; 10g total fat (3g sat); 95mg chol; 258mg sodium; 17g carb; 3g fiber; 39g protein
- FOR THE PORK CHOPS, MIX:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh garlic
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 4 bone-in pork chops (6 oz. each)
- Salt and black pepper
- FOR THE SALSA, COMBINE:
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 ⁄4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 Tbsp. diced red onion
- 1 ⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- 1 Tbsp. seeded and minced jalapeño
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from cuisinerecipes.com
Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush grill grate with oil.
For the pork chops, mix together oil, garlic, thyme, rosemary, paprika, and cayenne. Season pork chops with salt and black pepper, then rub each side with garlic mixture.
For the salsa, combine pineapple, bell pepper, scallions, onion, olives, capers, jalapeño, and cilantro; season with salt.
Grill pork chops, covered, until edges begin to brown, about 4 minutes. Flip chops and grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted near (but not touching) the bone registers 145°. Remove chops from grill and let rest 3–5 minutes. Serve chops with salsa and rice.