Crab & Avocado Salad with Pancetta
Refreshingly filling without the guilt, Crab & Avocado Salad with Pancetta is the perfect combination of your favorite foods. Eat it on it's own, or pair it with a grain or starch.
- 12 thin slices pancetta
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Kosher salt
- 2 small heads Boston lettuce, torn into large pieces
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1 (14 -ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, picked through
- 1 avocado, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Freshly ground pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Working in batches, cook the pancetta in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally, until crisp, about 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels; set aside.
Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, parsley, tarragon, chives, anchovy, garlic, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a blender; puree until smooth.
Combine the lettuce, arugula, hearts of palm, crabmeat and avocado in a large bowl. Add the dressing, 1/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper and toss. Serve topped with the pancetta.
You'll also love
- Melontini 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- NM SHRIMP SCAMPI, RISOTTO CAKE,... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Bacon Dripping Dandelions with... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Italian Seafood Stew 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Summer Grilled Scallopini ... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Hot Asiago Crab & Artichoke Dip 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Cream Cheese & Avocado Fried... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- T. Pittari's Crab Bisque 4.5/5 (22 Votes)