Bruschetta with Fresh Basil
This is such a simple recipe to make, and it's highly versatile. If you haven't made this, it's so inexpensive and wonderful with a glass of chilled wine or a glass of beer. Delizioso!
- 1 fresh baguette
- Good quality olive oil
- 1 large clove fresh garlic, peeled
- 1 to 2 small garlic cloves, finely minced
- Roma tomatoes (these work best)
- 8 to 12 fresh basil leaves
- Fresh Parmesan-Reggiano (not the stuff in the green can, please)
- Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Slice the baguette, thinly at an angle. Brush each slice with olive oil.
Broil for about 1 minute, but stay close! They can burn very easily. Remove from the broiler and rub the clove of garlic, lightly. Set aside.
Cut and de-seed the tomatoes, by pulling out the pulp and seeds with your fingers.
Cut into small pieces.
Peel and mince a small garlic clove and add to the tomatoes.
Season with kosher salt & fresh cracked pepper, to taste.
Add a little bit of olive oil-- just enough to coat the tomatoes.
If desired, drizzle a little balsamic vinegar.
Gently toss and allow to sit for a few minutes.
Pile each basil leave on top of one another, and roll (like a cigar). Slice thin strips. Add to the tomato, garlic and oil mixture and gently toss.
Add a small bite-sized mound on each crostini.
With a micro-plane or small grater, garnish with fresh parmesan.
Watch these disappear!
You'll also love
- Brown Sugar & Whiskey Glazed Ham 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Meatballs & Marinara (Pressure... 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Blueberry Blast Breakfast Smoothie 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- American Chop Suey Crockpot Meal 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken, Spinach & Mushroom... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Galaxy Donuts 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Steak with Garlic Parmesan Cream... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Spicy Fried Mixed Nuts 4.4/5 (15 Votes)