Frontega Chicken Panini - Copycat Panera
Enjoy this simple quick and easy copycat Frontega Chicken Panini recipe from the comfort of your own home.
- 1/8 cup mayo
- 1/8 cup sour cream
- 1 chipotle in adobo, minced
- 5 fresh basil leaves, julienne
- 2 Focaccia Rolls
- Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 tomato
- 4 red onion slices
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Liquid Smoke
- 3 tablespoons salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 260mins
Place chicken, broth, liquid smoke and salt in a slow cooker and cook on high for AT LEAST 4 hours!
Once the 4 hours are up, remove chicken from broth and “pull” apart shred.
In a small bowl mix together the mayo and sour cream. Stir in the chipotle pepper and basil. Set it in the fridge for 1 hour.
Use your panini press to grill or heat a grill pan on medium heat, and place on the rolls, cut side down until they turn a nice gold brown.
Layer the chicken, tomato, onion & mozzarella and top with the bread, and place a heavy pan on top or push down hard with a spatula until the mozzarella cheese is melty and gooey!
Serve and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Cucumber Chickpea Salad 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- One Dish Pork Tenderloin 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Crab Eggs Benedict 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Spaghetti Aglio E Olio With Shrimp... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Cucumber Tea Sandwiches 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Homestyle Sloppy Joes 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Silly Apple Monsters 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Shrimp Spring Rolls 4.5/5 (11 Votes)