Frontega Chicken Panini - Copycat Panera
Enjoy this simple quick and easy copycat Frontega Chicken Panini recipe from the comfort of your own home.
- 1/8 cup mayo
- 1/8 cup sour cream
- 1 chipotle in adobo, minced
- 5 fresh basil leaves, julienne
- 2 Focaccia Rolls
- Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 tomato
- 4 red onion slices
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons Liquid Smoke
- 3 tablespoons salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 260mins
Place chicken, broth, liquid smoke and salt in a slow cooker and cook on high for AT LEAST 4 hours!
Once the 4 hours are up, remove chicken from broth and “pull” apart shred.
In a small bowl mix together the mayo and sour cream. Stir in the chipotle pepper and basil. Set it in the fridge for 1 hour.
Use your panini press to grill or heat a grill pan on medium heat, and place on the rolls, cut side down until they turn a nice gold brown.
Layer the chicken, tomato, onion & mozzarella and top with the bread, and place a heavy pan on top or push down hard with a spatula until the mozzarella cheese is melty and gooey!
Serve and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Chunky Monkey Morning Oats 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Simple Stromboli 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Baked Chicken Piccata 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Smoky BBQ Wings 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breasts 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Flat Belly - Chicken w/Romesco... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Valentine’s Day Grilled Cheese 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs... 4.5/5 (21 Votes)