A simple to prepare baked sandwich using frozen dough your favorite deli meat and cheese. Serve with soup for a complete and satisfying meal.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage (optional)
- 1 (1-pound) loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 4 slices hard salami
- 4 slices thinly sliced ham
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 425°F(220°F).
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir sausage until crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease.
Pat out bread dough on an un-greased baking sheet, to 3/4-inch thickness. Lay salami, ham, and American cheese slices in center of dough. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, salt, pepper, and cooked sausage. Wrap dough to cover ingredients, pinching and sealing edges to prevent leakage; brush top with egg white.
Bake in preheated oven until dough is baked and lightly browned, 17 to 20 minutes.