BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
HOLY BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwiches! This recipe is the supreme grilled cheese recipe, prepare thyself to nap after you are finished!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/4 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 8 slices crusty Italian bread
- 8 slices thick cut pepper jack cheese
Adapted from ohsweetbasil.com
Heat olive oil in a a skillet over medium heat. Add in chicken and onion. Cook just until chicken is warmed through and onion has softened. Stir in BBQ sauce and cilantro. Mix well. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat.
To assemble a sandwich: Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter. Place one slice of cheese on the non-buttered side. Spoon ½ cup of chicken mixture on top. Place another piece of cheese on top of the chicken. Top with another slice of bread with the buttered side facing out. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 4 sandwiches.
Cook sandwiches over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes each side or until golden brown and the cheese has melted. Serve.
You'll also love
- Southern-Style Fried Fish Sandwich 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Pull Apart Monkey Bread 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Low Carb Southern Dill Pickle... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Homestyle Chicken Tender Bake 4.4/5 (22 Votes)
- Cheese-Stuffed Burger Dogs 4.7/5 (10 Votes)
- BBQ Chicken Pizzas- Weight... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Southern Style Slow Cooker BBQ... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)