Baked Chicken Piccata
Recipe can be doubled easly.
- 2 split boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperture, divided
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (lemon halves reserved)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- sliced lemon for serving
- chopped fresh parsley leaves for serving
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat the oven to 400°F degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper
Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap or plastic bag and pound out to 1/4 inch thick.
Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
Mix the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper in a shallow plate. In a second plate, beat the egg and 1/2 teaspoon of water together. Place the bread crumbs on a third plate.
Dip each chicken breast first in the flour, shake off the excess, and then dip in the egg and next the bread crumb mixture.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium to medium-low heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 2 minutes on each side, until browned. Place them on the sheet pan and allow them to bake for 5 to 10 minutes.
Wipe out the saute pan with a dry paper towel. Over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and then add the lemon juice, wine, the reserved lemon halves, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Boil over high heat until reduced in half, about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and swirl to combine. Discard the lemon halves and serve 1 chicken breast on each plate.
Spoon on the sauce and serve with a slice of lemon and a sprinkling of fresh parsley.
You'll also love
- Smoky BBQ Wings 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Flat Belly - Chicken w/Romesco... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken Marsala 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Italian Braised Chicken with... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Baked Chicken with Fresh Tomatoes... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Lemon Ginger Chicken Thighs 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken Breasts Diane 4.5/5 (22 Votes)