Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers (Chipotle)
- 2 chipotle chiles (from 1 can chipotles in adobo sauce), plus 2 Tbsp adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil, plus more for grilling
- 1 lemon
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cubed
- 1 1/4 lb large or extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
Adapted from parade.condenast.com
Preheat grill to high, direct heat. Put chipotles, adobo sauce, brown sugar, and oil in a blender. Grate in zest from lemon; puree.
Halve lemon lengthwise and slice ¼-inch thick. Thread shrimp and pineapple on skewers, finishing each skewer with 1 lemon slice.
Mix chipotle puree and scallions in a large shallow bowl, add shrimp-pineapple skewers and rub with chipotle marinade.
Grill skewers on oiled grates until shrimp are opaque, flipping once, about 5 minutes total.
You'll also love
- To Die For Blueberry Muffins 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Salmon Pasta Dish 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Apple Fritter Bread 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi 4.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Old Bay Corn Flake Crab Cakes 4.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Vanilla Pineapple Cake 4.4/5 (49 Votes)
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Mac and Cheese 4/5 (91 Votes)
- Easy Pineapple “Shortcake” 4.8/5 (12 Votes)