DOG - Sweet Potato Jerky Treats
- 1 Large Sweet Potato, washed & dried
Adapted from dogtreatkitchen.com
Preheat oven to 250° F
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cut off one side of the sweet potato lengthwise, as close to the edge as possible. Cutting the side of the potato first allows you to then turn the potato onto this flat surface that you have just created. Having a stable area to rest the potato will make it easier to cut the potato into slices. Don't discard that first piece, it comes out just as yummy as the rest!
Cut the rest of the potato into 1/3" slices, no smaller than 1/4".
Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 3 hours, turning half way through.
Cool completely on a wire rack.
Storing - Although these treats are dried, you will want to keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. You can freeze them for up to 4 months.
You'll also love
- Southern Fried Cabbage 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
- Mini Crab Cakes PRINT 4.4/5 (34 Votes)
- Fruit Salad with Orange Vanilla... 4.3/5 (42 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower and Cabbage... 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes au Gratin 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Chili - Sweet Potato & Quinoa Chili 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Hash 4.8/5 (5 Votes)