Olallieberry Crisp (or any kind of berry crisp)
Fruit crisps have got to be one of the quickest and tastiest desserts I can think of-- especially with a scoop of ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
If you can't find olallieberries for this berry crisp, it's probably because you don't live in the Western United States. Blackberries come closest to these, but they aren't quite as tart, with a hint of sweetness.
- 4 cups fresh berries, washed, drained well (I use locally grown olallieberries, but you can use any combination that you like)
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 stick softened butter, 4 tablespoons
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 375°F
In a large bowl, add lemon juice and sprinkle sugar all over the berries.
Stir, very gently, so as not to bruise or crush the berries.
Place the berries into a buttered casserole (or oven-proof dish). Pat the berries, gently, to get an even surface.
In a bowl, add flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, quick rolled oats and salt.
Add softened butter. Using either a fork, or your fingertips, incorporate the butter to make your topping.
With the tip of a fork, smooth out the topping to distribute evenly over the berries. Place the dish on a baking sheet (in case of spillage)and place onto the middle rack of the oven.
Bake at 375°F for approximately 45 minutes
The crisp should have a golden top and there will be some "shrinkage".
Allow to cool, completely. Serve with fresh whipped cream or homemade vanilla ice cream.
You'll also love
- Banana Caramel Poke Cake 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Apple Cinnamon Bubble Up Bake 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Au Gratin Potatoes 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Cape Cod Cranberry Coffee Cake 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cookie Bars 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Strawberry Jell-O Poke Cake 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Valentine's Day Cake Balls 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Cheater Baked Beans 4.1/5 (32 Votes)