Lemon Blueberry Sour Cream Crumb Bars
- 1/2 c butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from therecipecritic.com
Preheat oven to 375 and prepare an 8×8 square pan by lining with parchment paper and spraying with cooking spray.
Make the crust by whisking together in a medium bowl the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the melted butter. The dough will be crumbly but make sure all of the butter is incorporated.
Reserve ¾ cup of the crust and press the remaining into the bottom of your 8×8 prepared baking pan.
Combine the fresh blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice in a small bowl until the combined and set aside.
For the sour cream filling, mix together in a large bowl the sour cream, sugar, 1 Tbsp flour, egg, and vanilla. Pour over the crust in your 8×8 pan.
Spoon the fresh blueberry mixture evenly over the sour cream.
Sprinkle your reserved ¾ cup crust over the top and bake for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely and serve into squares. Store in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
You'll also love
- Spicy Roasted Corn & Feta Salad 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Smokey Shrimp & Tomato Bisque 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Little Apricot Cakes 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Cranberry Orange Muffins-Dunkin... 4.3/5 (47 Votes)
- Lemon & Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes... 4.3/5 (50 Votes)