Cranberry Orange Muffins-Dunkin Donuts Copycat
- 2/3 cup chopped cranberries
- 4 tsps. + 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 beaten egg whites
- 1 tbsp. dried orange peel
- 2 tsps. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. orange extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
Adapted from food.com
Combine cranberries and 2 teaspoons sugar in a small bowl.
In another bowl, combine flour, orange peel, baking powder and salt.
In a large mixing bowl, combine egg whites, orange extract, vanilla extract and ½ cup sugar.
Mix together well with a whisk.
Then add buttermilk, yogurt and butter.
Continue mixing until smooth.
Add the flour mixture and stir until well-blended.
Fold in the cranberry mixture.
Lightly grease 4 nonstick muffin cups (3 ½ - inch diameter) with butter.
Fill the muffin cups with the batter.
Sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven for about 25 - 30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Julius 4.4/5 (45 Votes)
- New Potatoes in White Sauce with... 4.7/5 (24 Votes)
- Washington Apple Cake 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Lemon & Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes... 4.3/5 (50 Votes)
- Lemony Greek Yogurt Cheesecake 4.3/5 (52 Votes)
- Mini Orange Monkey Rolls 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Chocolate-Orange Marble Cake 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Cranberry-Bourbon Relish 4.7/5 (19 Votes)