Little Apricot Cakes
Muffin cups are the perfect size for these little apricot cakes. Topped with fresh apricots and raw sugar, you can make these sweets a day ahead.
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 apricots, halved, pitted, cut into 1/4" wedges
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from epicurious.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat muffin cups with nonstick spray.
Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in another medium bowl, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl, until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg, lemon zest, and vanilla and beat until combined.
With mixer on low speed, add dry ingredients to butter mixture in 3 additions alternately with milk in 2 additions, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
Divide batter among muffin cups (cups will be only 1/3 full) and smooth the tops. Top with apricot slices and sprinkle with raw sugar.
Bake until cakes are golden and a tester inserted into the centers comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
Transfer pan to a wire rack; let pan cool 5 minutes. Transfer cakes to rack and let cool completely.
Cakes can be made 1 day ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Peach Kolachy Rolls 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Frozen Raspberry Mousse 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Vanilla Ice Cream with Honey 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Orange Cream Calcium Smoothie 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Frosted Cherry Drop Cookies 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Ina Garten's Birthday Sheetcake 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- German Apricot Rahm Kuchen (Cream... 4.3/5 (50 Votes)
- Grilled Bacon Chops with Apricot... 4.8/5 (12 Votes)