Easy Peach Cobbler
Peach cobbler can happen any time of year with convenient canned peaches. Top the warm cobbler with chilled and sweetened fresh whipped cream.
- HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM:
- 2 (15-ounce) cans sliced peaches in syrup
- 1/2 cup (1-stick) butter
- 1 cup self-rising flour (or 1 cup all-purpose flour mixed with 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/8 teaspoon salt)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups whipping cream, chilled
- 4 tablespoons sugar
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Drain peaches, reserving syrup from 1 can.
Place butter in a 9 X 12-inch ovenproof baking dish. Heat butter on the stove or in the oven until melted.
In a medium bowl, mix flour and sugar. Stir in milk and reserved syrup. Pour the batter over the melted butter in the baking dish. Arrange peaches over the batter.
Bake 1 hour. The cobbler is done when the batter rises around the peaches and the crust is thick and golden brown. Serve warm with fresh whipped cream
Homemade Whipped Cream:
Chill a large metal mixing bowl and the wire beater attachment in the freezer for about 20 minutes. Pour the chilled cream and sugar into the cold mixing bowl and beat until it forms soft peaks, about 5 minutes. The mixture should hold its shape when dropped from a spoon. Don't over-beat or you'll have sweetened butter!
You'll also love
- Peach Gelato 4.2/5 (80 Votes)
- Momofuku Carrot Layer Cake 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- Cranberry Orange Muffins-Dunkin... 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Pineapple Delight Dessert 4.2/5 (50 Votes)
- Cuban Frijoles Colorados (Red Bean... 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Eggnog pudding shots 4.1/5 (50 Votes)
- Lime Chess Pie 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Kit Kat Ice Cream Cake 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Pepsi Pulled Pork 4.2/5 (41 Votes)
- Pineapple-Caramel Sponge Cakes 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Easy Banana, Choc Chip,Peanut... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Paleo Albondigas (Meatball Soup) 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Easy Weekend Waffles 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Broccoli and cheese casserole 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Gingerbread 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Pineapple Tarts 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Cake - Ricotta Cheesecake with... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Ethiopian Cabbage, Potatoes, and... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- 2-Ingredient Chocolate Cake 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Orange Chocolate Loaf Cake from... 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Chinese Hot and Sour Pork Soup 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Chili's Honey Lime Dressing 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Sundried Tomatoes Focaccia with... 3.9/5 (15 Votes)
- ARTHUR BRYANT’S BARBECUE SAUCE 3/5 (21 Votes)
- Chinese Chicken Balls With Sweet... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Eagle Brand Ice Cream 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Lipton Pulled Pork 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Michael Symon's White Bean and... 0/5 (0 Votes)