Beef & Broccoli Rabe Penne with Citrus Glaze
- 2 tsp minced orange zest
- 1/2 cup 100% orange juice
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger (leave out)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp low-sodium tamari (??)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 lb top sirloin steak, trimmed and cut crosswise into thin strips
- 1 lb broccoli rabe, trimmed and cut into 2" pieces
- 1 lb whole-wheat penne
- 1 tbsp safflower, sunflower or grape seed oil
- 1 large red bel pepper, cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 1/4 cup grated low-fat Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
One: In a mediumbowl, whisk orange zest, orage juice, honey, ginger, garlic, tamari, pepper flakes and salt. Add steak and toss to coat. Set aside at room temperature to marinate, 10 minutes to 1 hour. (make ahead - marinate for up to 6 hours in fridge).
Two: Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add broccoli rabe and cook for 1 minute until slightly wilted. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to large bowl and set aside.
Three: Return broccoli cooking water to a boil and add pasta cooking according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, drain and transfer to large serving bowl.
Four Meanwhile, in a large nonstick saute pan, heat oil on high. Remove steak and transfer to pan, reserving marinade. Cook, turning constantly until brown and tender (about 3 minutes); reduce heat to medium high. /add broccoli rabe and pepper and saute, stirring occasionally for 1 minute. Add reserved marinade and reserved pasta cooking water and saute until pepper is tender, about 1 minute. Spoon steak mixture over top of pasta and toss to coat. Top with cheese.
Per 1 1/2 cup serving: 361 calories; 8 g fat; 51 carbs; 20 g protein.
You'll also love
- Chicken Cacciatore W/Spaghetti... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettuccini Alfredo - Lo Fat 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Mousse Cups 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peach Pie filling (fresh) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork Medallions with Pears 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lobster Fettuccine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- barbecue beef sloppy joes 0/5 (0 Votes)