Skillet Pasta Roma
- 1/2 pd Italian sausage, sliced or crumbled
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 cans Del Monte Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic, & Oregano
- 1 can Del Monte Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup water
- 8 oz uncooked rotini or other spiral pasta
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- Grated Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley sprigs
Brown sausage in large skillet. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is soft; drain. Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and pasta.
Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat. Simmer covered 25-30 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in mushrooms, if desired, simmer 5 minutes. Serve in skillet garnished with cheese and parsley