Pressure Cooker Super Easy Chicken & Dumplings
Chicken and Dumplings in 30 minutes! Quick and easy, this wholesome and hearty dinner can be on the table before homework is done!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, sliced thick
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 6 cups chicken stock or broth
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots
- 1 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 3/4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Heat butter on high in pressure cooker until melted and sizzling.
Generously season chicken with salt and pepper, put in pressure cooker with lid off and cook until lightly brown, about 5 minutes.
Add onion, stock, celery, carrots, thyme, poultry seasoning and pepper. Secure lid and cook on high 8 minutes.
Perform quick release, remove lid, set to high, or brown, add corn and let simmer.
Whisk Bisquick and milk together and drop by spoonfuls into pot. Let simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
Turn off heat and stir in heavy cream and add salt and pepper to taste. Sometimes I don't add the heavy cream, I taste the dumplings first and judge from there.
You'll also love
- Katie Lee's Beef Stroganoff 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Bacon Guacamole Grilled Cheese... 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Southern Chicken Cornbread... 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Easy Creamy Chicken with Wild Rice... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Strawberry Glazed Chicken Thighs 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Barbecued Baby... 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Hawaiian Chicken 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Instant Pot Potato & Leek Soup 4.5/5 (29 Votes)