Country Blueberry Pie
Dairy-free yet delectable blueberry pie, this is the pie that you must bring to your holiday dinners!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar
- Flour, for dusting
- Sugar, for sprinkling on top
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 120mins
Combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and water. Add to a saucepan and heat rapidly until thickened. Set aside to cool as you prepare the pastry. Once cooled add the berries and lemon juice.
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Combine flour, sugar and salt. Cut in shortening. Whisk together egg, water and vinegar. Add to flour mixture tossing lightly with a fork. Turn out onto a lightly floured cutting board and using your hands combine dough. Separate into 2 single crusts. Line the bottom of a pie plate with 1 of the crusts.
Pour filling into dough lined pie pan, and sprinkle the lemon juice over the filling. Adjust top crust, cut vents and flute rim. Sprinkle top lightly with sugar. Place pie onto a baking sheet and into the oven for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes. Allow to cool, cut and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (896 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (405 Votes)
- Christmas Pecan Balls 4.6/5 (311 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)