Granny’s Cocoa Cream Pie
Let your nostalgia run wild with this simple and delicious chocolate pie that will most likely bring back memories of your grandma's baking.
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup cornstarch/or arrowroot powder (or 1/2 cup all purpose flour)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 9 " pre-baked pie shell
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 120mins
Mix cocoa, cornstarch, beaten egg yolks; sugar and salt, then add milk gradually, while stirring in a pot over med-high heat.
Cook until thick, beating it smooth. While stirring, mix in the vanilla. Cream pies take some time to thicken, so stir... and stir (10 to 15 minutes).
Using a heavy bottom pan really helps. Just keep it up until it thickens. Pour into a pre-baked pie shell.
Put in the fridge to chill for several hours before serving.
Add whipped cream, cool whip, or a baked meringue for the topping if you like :)
You'll also love
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.2/5 (716 Votes)
- Banana Bread Brownies 3.8/5 (878 Votes)
- Crockpot Apple Pie Breakfast 4.3/5 (284 Votes)
- Wick's Sugar Cream Pie 3.8/5 (310 Votes)
- White Chocolate Lemon Meringue Pie 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
Review this recipe