Fresh Strawberry & Spinach Salad
It is easy to love this popular combination. Light and delicious, it is best prepared when strawberries are at their early-summer peak. The dressing is slightly sweet, and the poppy seeds and chopped pecans add nice texture. Goat cheese, ricotta salata or feta cheese would make a great addition.
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 2 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled and halved
Adapted from monmouthhealthandlife.com
n a dry frying pan, toast the pecans over medium-low heat, stirring, until fragrant and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Pour onto a plate to cool, then coarsely chop and set aside.
To make the vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, poppy seeds, dry mustard, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Add the oil in a thin stream, whisking constantly until the dressing is well blended.
In a large bowl, toss together thespinach, strawberries and pecans. Add half of the vinaigrette and toss gently to coat. Add more vinaigrette as needed (you may not need all of it), and serve.
You'll also love
- Kale and Mushroom Stroganoff 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Cranberry Celebration Cheesecake 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Sour Dough Pizza Dough - Sausage,... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- New York Style Lemon Cheesecake 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- No-Bake Strawberry Banana Pudding... 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- spicy shrimp with cauliflower mash... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Apple, Cheddar and Spinach Salad... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- The Best Spinach & Artichoke Dip 4.5/5 (13 Votes)