Cranberry Celebration Cheesecake
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup plus 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a food processor, finely chop dried cranberries. Add flour, almonds and confectioners' sugar; process until blended. Add butter; pulse just until crumbly.
Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
In a small saucepan, combine 3/4 cup sugar and cornstarch; stir in cranberry juice until smooth. Add berries. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, vanilla and remaining sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat just until combined. Pour half of batter into crust. Carefully spoon 3/4 cup berry mixture over batter; top with remaining batter.
Bake for 45 minutes. Reduce heat to 250°. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until center is almost set. Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; spread over top. Bake 20-30 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Spread remaining berry mixture over the top. Refrigerate overnight.
Beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold in ground almonds. Pipe around top edge of cheesecake; sprinkle with sliced almonds.
You'll also love
- Sour Dough Pizza Dough - Sausage,... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Pulled Pork on a Bun 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- New York Style Lemon Cheesecake 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Dates 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Strawberry Mug Cake 4/5 (50 Votes)
- No-Bake Strawberry Banana Pudding... 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Cranberry-Sage Champagne Cocktails 4.5/5 (10 Votes)