Pineapple & Cherry Glazed Ham
Add this pineapple glaze for a Holiday show-stopping baked ham!
- 1 (20-ounce) can sliced pineapples (Dole in the blue can)
- 1 (10-ounce) jar Maraschino cherries
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 stick butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (juice from the can of rings)
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Melt butter in a saucepan. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, ground cloves and pineapple juice and let simmer not even 5 minutes, just until the mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
Stick a toothpick in the cherry and lay pineapple ring around as many as you want to make beautiful, just drizzle glaze all over the top to soak in the pineapple. Cover with foil and place in pre-heated oven.
Calculate cooking time.(Your ham should have it’s own instructions) It’s about 15 minutes per pound, so for example; if you have a 20 pound ham, the cooking time would be 15 minutes for each pound, which would be 4 pounds per hour, which would equal 5 hours cooking time
Remove foil 30 minutes before time to take out and give it 15 minutes of resting time before carving.
You'll also love
- Scalloped Potatoes with Leeks and... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Wild Salmon + Almond and Tarragon... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges with... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Pan Seared Lamb Chops with Lemon... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Chocolate & Avocado Mousse 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Cranberry-Apple Pie with Pecan... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Baby- Sweet Potato Apple Mash 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Rhoda's Candied Sweet Potatoes -... 4.5/5 (19 Votes)