Found in Weight Watcher cookbook, changed it up a little. Original was 6 points per serving
Easy and delicous
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 tbsp flour
- 4 cups low fat milk
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 oz) Ricotta Cheese (fat free or skim)
- 2 (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed & Squeezed dry
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 box (14) Manicotti or Large Shells
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 70mins
1. Boil shells or manicotti in salted water about 5-6 minutes, do not over cook, you want them firm for easier filling.
Drain and set aside.
2. In large frying pan, heat olive oil and add chopped onions. Saute about 3 minutes till slightly wilted.
3. Add flour stirring until blended.
4. Whisk in milk and bring to boil.
5. Add cheese and pepper and cook till thickened about 5 minutes. Remove from heat
6. In bowl, combine ricotta cheese, spinach, egg whites, nutmeg, cheese, and seasonings.
7. Fill each pasta with ricotta filling.
8. Pour 1 cup white sauce on bottom of large baking dish (I sprayed my pan first, then added sauce)
9. arrange filled shells in pan. Top with sauce.
10. Bake uncovered at 375 for about 30-45 minutes till bubbly.
Note: I suggest if you like sauce, to make more than above, next time I would increase by another 1/2 of recipe)
You'll also love
- Bacon & Egg Breakfast Casserole 4.6/5 (77 Votes)
- The Pioneer Woman's Sausage Gravy 3.8/5 (294 Votes)
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Brussel... 4.6/5 (81 Votes)
- Papa John’s Garlic Dipping Sauce 3.9/5 (450 Votes)
- Old-World Manicotti 4.5/5 (86 Votes)
- Spinach Artichoke Toast 4.5/5 (75 Votes)
- Salmon Manicotti 5/5 (1 Votes)