Strawberries & Peaches Cake
My favorite go to dessert, especially in the summer when the peaches and strawberries are fresh. If using fresh peaches, peel them and toss with about one tablespoon of sugar.
- 1 boxed package yellow cake mix
- 1 (4-ounce) package vanilla instant pudding and pie mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Freshly cut strawberries
- Canned sliced peaches in syrup, drained lightly
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer for 2 minutes. Pour into pan and bake at 350°F until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 25 minutes. Remove to rack and cool completely.
When cool, cut cake in half to make 2 layers. You can freeze for 30 minutes if you'd like to make cutting easier.
Make freshly whipped cream. Whip heavy cream in the bowl of an electric mixer with wire whisk, on high speed. Add usgar and vanilla as peaks begin to form.
Assemble cake. Frost bottom layer with freshly whipped cream. Layer the peaches. Top with second layer. Frost tops and sides with freshly whipped cream. Alternate rows of strawberries and peaches.
You'll also love
- GROUND BEEF CASSEROLE 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Cookie "Pizza" 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Classic Dinner Rolls 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Best Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Scrambled Egg-Potato Baskets 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Bananas Foster Shooters 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Sour Cream Cut-Out Cookies with... 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Cherry Smash 4.5/5 (24 Votes)